Equalis Group partnered with Health Action Council (HAC) to publicly procure this PBM coalition master agreement. HAC operates the longest-running not-for-profit PBM coalition in the United States. This coalition is one of the largest coalitions in the country in terms of total annual PBM spend and covered lives. Equalis Group and HAC jointly established the only nationally available publicly procured PBM coalition.
CVS/caremark Contract Highlights
- Savings – an average of 15 to 25% savings to Equalis Group members.
- Member Market Check – a detailed evaluation of the projected savings and the impact of transitioning to SourceRx.
- Flexible Contract Options – Transparent, Traditional & Average Script Price.
- Stop Loss Insurance Policies – three available stop loss insurance policies including aggregate, aggregate + specific, and guaranteed cost.
- Claims-Level Pricing Guarantees – applies coalition pricing on a per claim, per employer basis – not in the aggregate across all claims.
- Consistent Pricing Regardless of Size – all participating employers receive the same prescription pricing, regardless of the number of employees.
- Built-in Price Decreases – as the size of the coalition increases, pricing for all participating groups decreases.
- Three-Year Pricing Guarantee – protects against future prescription drug price increases.
- Annual Audits – individual audits to verify master agreement terms and pricing are properly applied to each participant; participants receive full refunds of any identified overcharges.
- Annual Market Checks – an intensive process of securing pricing from competing PBM providers each year to ensure the most competitive pricing is available to SourceRx participants.
Download this contract confirmation letter to secure written documentation of the Master Agreement and Contract # for your files, as well as additional information about the contract, utilization eligibility, and how to receive answers to any additional questions you may have.
Who is CVS/caremark?
CVS/caremark is a PBM and retail drug store operator with more than 300,000 associates. CVS opened its first retail location in 1963 and now operates more than 9,900 retail locations nationwide. Caremark spun off from Baxter in 1992, developed its initial formulary, and introduced clinical intervention programs. The companies merged in 2007, forming the nation’s premier integrated pharmacy services provider. CVS/caremark acquired Aetna in 2018 to incorporate Aetna’s provider network and health insurance benefits capabilities.
01.01.2022 – 12.31.2024
How Do I Get Started?
If you are not yet a part of the Equalis Group family, Become a Member today to access our entire portfolio of contracts. We promise there are never any costs, hidden fees, gimmicks, or volume commitments.
Accessing this publicly procured contract vehicle is easy and hassle-free. Please reach out to your Member Engagement Resource or quickly send the Contract Interest Form at the top of this page.
Save Time, Save Money & Stay Legal with Equalis Group.